Zucchini Fritters

Zucchini Fritters.JPG

Sunday mornings are the best! After a week of early wakes, endless running, working, cooking, washing, putting in order, eventually, this day I have the chance to sleep a little bit longer, relax for a few minutes in my bed and generally take my time with everything. I, sometimes, need desperately to lounge around and Sunday morning is exactly this time!

Apart from laziness, Sunday mornings give me also the perfect opportunity to make for breakfast whatever is not possible to do during weekdays! Since every morning during the week, we only have a glass of milk or as in my son’s case a bowl of cereals, Sunday is my only chance to enjoy all the things I crave during the weeks.

Zucchini Fritters.JPG

This Sunday, I wanted to make not something sweet as I usually do, but a little something savory to enjoy while sitting on my couch in front of my fireplace.

I had a few zucchinis in my fridge, leftovers from a feta and zucchini tart I made during the week and I thought that I should do something with them otherwise they would end up in the bin.

So, how about some fritters? Yes, yes, yes! Zucchini fritters for that matter.

I made them and they were gone in minutes! So, so good and I served them with Greek yogurt spiced up with garlic powder and spearmint!

Zucchini Fritters.JPG

Zucchini Fritters

200+50 gr. all-purpose flour

260 gr. milk

1 tsp baking powder

2 tsp sugar

2 tsp salt

3 zucchinis

1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped

1 small onion, chopped

4 tbsp parmigiano

1/3 cup olive oil

Zucchini Fritters.JPG

Take the zucchinis and shred them in a multi-purpose mixer or in the shredder.

At this point you can squeeze them to drain or let them as they are.

If you squeeze them, you probably will not need the 50 gr. of flour.

Zucchini Fritters.JPG

If you let them as they are, then you will probably need it.

The batter must be thick enough to stand in the spoon.

Zucchini Fritters.JPG

If its consistency is not like this, then you add the 50 gr. of flour and mix.

It may or may not need all 50 gr. of flour.

Take a large, dip skillet and pour the olive oil.

Zucchini Fritters.JPG

Let them fry from one side and turn them to fry on the other side too.

Take them out once they have acquired a nice dark golden color.

In the second batch lower the heat by one point and refill with olive oil.

Zucchini Fritters.JPG

Zucchini Fritters

Recipe type/ Τύπος Πιάτου: Appetizer

• 200+50 gr./ 7 oz.+ 1.7 oz. all-purpose flour
  • 260 gr./ 9 oz. milk
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 3 zucchinis
  • 1 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
  • 1 small onion, chopped
  • 4 tbsp parmigiano
  • ⅓ cup olive oil

1. Take the zucchinis and shred them in a multi-purpose mixer or in the shredder.
  2. At this point you can squeeze them to drain or let them as they are.
  3. If you squeeze them, you probably will not need the 50 gr. of flour.
  4. If you let them as they are, then you will probably need it.
  5. In a bowl put everything but the 50 gr. of flour and mix until the ingredients are incorporated.
  6. The batter must be thick enough to stand in the spoon.
  7. If its consistency is not like this, then you add the 50 gr./ 1.7 oz. of flour and mix.
  8. It may or may not need all 50 gr./ 1.7 oz. of flour.
  9. Add it slowly, slowly until you have the thick batter that will not spread easily when you fry it.
  10. Take a large, dip skillet and pour the olive oil.
  11. Put in high heat and when the oil is hot, with a spoon pour spoonfuls of the batter about 1 cm. away from each other.
  12. Let them fry from one side and turn them to fry on the other side too.
  13. Take them out once they have acquired a nice dark golden color.
  14. In the second batch lower the heat by one point and refill with olive oil.
  15. Every time and before you fry a batch, you have to refill with olive oil, so that the olive inside the skillet is adequate for them to fry.

Τηγανίτες Κολοκυθιού

Recipe type/ Τύπος Πιάτου: Ορεκτικό

• 200 + 50 γρ. αλεύρι για όλες τις χρήσεις
  • 260 γρ. γάλα
  • 1 κ.γ. μπέικινγκ πάουντερ
  • 2 κ.γ. ζάχαρη
  • 2 κ.γ. αλάτι
  • 3 κολοκύθια
  • 1 κ.σ. φρέσκο άνηθο, ψιλοκομμένο
  • 1 μικρό κρεμμύδι, ψιλοκομμένο
  • 4 κ.σ. παρμεζάνα
  • ⅓ φλ. ελαιόλαδο

1. Πάρτε τα κολοκύθια και τρίψτε τα στον τρίφτη.
  2. Αν θέλετε τα στραγγίζετε ή τα αφήνετε όπως είναι.
  3. Στην περίπτωση που τα στραγγίσετε πιθανόν να μην χρειαστούν τα 50 γρ. αλεύρι.
  4. Εάν δεν τα στραγγίσετε, τότε μάλλον θα χρειαστείτε το έξτρα αλεύρι.
  5. Σε ένα μπολ βάλτε τα πάντα εκτός από τα 50 γρ. από το αλεύρι και αναμείξτε μέχρι να ενσωματωθούν τα συστατικά.
  6. Το μείγμα πρέπει να είναι σφιχτό τόσο ώστε να πέφτει αργά από το κουτάλι.
  7. Εάν δεν είναι έτσι, τότε μπορείτε να προσθέσετε το 50 gr. αλεύρι και να αναμείξετε.
  8. Το μείγμα μπορεί χρειαστεί είτε και τα 50 γρ. από το αλεύρι είτε λιγότερο.
  9. Προσθέστε το σιγά-σιγά, μέχρι να έχετε το παχύρευστο μείγμα που χρειαζόμαστε.
  10. Πάρτε ένα βαθύ τηγάνι και ρίξτε το ελαιόλαδο.
  11. Βάλτε το στη φωτιά σε ψηλή θερμοκρασία και όταν το λάδι ζεσταθεί, με ένα κουτάλι ρίξτε κουταλιές από το μείγμα περίπου 1 εκ. μακριά το ένα από το άλλο.
  12. Αφήστε τα να ροδοκοκκινήσουν από τη μία πλευρά και μετά γυρίστε τα από την άλλη.
  13. Βγάλτε τα όταν θα έχουν αποκτήσει ένα ωραίο χρυσαφί χρώμα.
  14. Στη δεύτερη δόση χαμηλώστε τη φωτιά κατά ένα ή δύο βαθμούς και συμπληρώστε με ελαιόλαδο.
  15. Κάθε φορά που βάζετε καινούρια δόση πρέπει να γεμίσετε ξανά με ελαιόλαδο, έτσι ώστε να υπάρχει αρκετό για τις τηγανίτες.

47 Responses to Zucchini Fritters

We love zucchini fritters and I have been looking for a recipe for a long time. My search just ended. These look so good!

Oh, I do love zucchini fritters! I haven’t made them for a long time and I appreciate the reminder of how delicious they are.

5. I love that your fritter recipe doesn’t call for eggs. I’m afraid they are often in fritters and something I can’t have. This is a keeper for sure! Have a terrific Sunday!

7. LinsFood says:

Never tried zucchini fritters but as I do love zucchinis, I must give them a try.

Oh fritters! Love them! I make similar eggplant fritters but haven’t tried zucchini fritters. These look delicious!! I’d eat that whole plate if you set it in front of me. :)

11. Delicious! I love any sort of vegetable that has been made into a fritter!

i like fritters of any kind, but these look special–they actually have some fluff to them, and i like it!

15. Jenn and seth says:

This is my kind of breakfast! I wish i had the stuff to make these tomorrow morning, they look so good!

17. Reeni says:

Zucchini fritters are one of my favorite things! These look wonderful for a Sunday morning treat!

19. Julie says:

Love the sauce with these!

21. Your fritters look so light, crispy and not the least bit oily…just perfect.

These fritters look so tasty! I wouldn’t be able to stop munching on them.

25. What delicious looking fritters!! I have never made anything with zucchini (yeah, I know. I’m a weirdo) but I would love some of these right now!

27. Elaine says:

What a nice departure from all the sweet breakfasts you see around cyberspace. Your fritters look wonderful and perfect for a Sunday breakfast or anytime really!

Oh, how I love zucchini fritters! Yours are making me long for summer when I made lots of batches! Yours are perfect!!!

PS…thanks for tracking me down! When I changed from Blogger to WP, I lost all my Google and email followers. The email function is finally working again…whew.

31. Oh, Katerina, this post reminds me of a summer day at my parents house: my mother always makes zucchini fritters for breakfast when zucchini are in season. Sweet memories… Makes me want to buy a ticket and fly to Europe, but it’s cold there, I’ll wait… :)

33. Candace says:

I grew up on fried zucchini; but, it wasn’t as tasty as what you’ve created here. It looks delicious, Katerina!

35. Wow they look so fluffy. Zucchini would not come to mind for breakfast but these look so wonderfulI am willin to reconsider :-)

37. MayMoh says:

Mmmm…these are my favourite. I wish I can have some now! I always love vegetable fritters. Best dipped in chilli sauce. They are so good for breakfast. I like to add carrots, leeks or finely chopped green beans.

39. Zoe says:

These fritters look very delicious with this dipping sauce. Very refreshing. This will be a great school lunch box food too.

41. i love your blog, i’m like grated version of zuccini fritters
    your pictorial is awesome
    nice to know you then…

Tes beignets de courgettes sont magnifiques. Ils doivent être délicieux.
    Je note.

45. Fantastic! I could easily eat about a dozen of these!

Just beautiful, Katerina~! I have great memories of eating fried zucchini with Tzatziki in Greece!

49. ΕΛΕΝΗ says:

Κατερίνα μου είναι υπέροχες!Η παρμεζάνα σίγουρα τους ταιριάζει φανταστικά.Μπράβο!!!
    Φιλιά πολλά!

51. These zucchini fritters are making me hungry. Delicious appetizer, looks great! Have a great week, Katerina!

Katrina, These fritters look so very delicious…makes me want to make some for lunch tomorrow!

55. mm_skg says:

Πολυ καλοτηγανισμενες οι τηγανιτες σου Κατερινα μου!
    Μου αρεσουν πολυ και με τον ανηθο πανε τρελλα! Θα φτιαξω κι εγω τωρα που μου τις θυμισες!

57. Realmente exquisito me encantan hoy tenía muchas ganas de comer succhini, tiene un aspecto perfecto y delicioso,abrazos y abrazos.

I make zucchini and corn fritters often….Faith’s recipe. I love them. Next time I’ll add dill. Also love your dipping sauce, Katerina! I just use sour cream.

61. CCU says:

What a perfect entree to serve my friend, delicious :)

63. The fritters look wonderful, perfect snack or light meal. I love anything with zucchini in it, one of my favorite vegetables and I can’t wait for spring and summers bounty of summer squash.

Katerina, thank you for bringing summer to our cold houses! I don’t know why but these courgette fritters make me think instantly of summer…

Your fritters look wonderful! That’s a great way to start a Sunday morning.

69. Pela says:

Κι εμένα από όλες τις ημέρες η Κυριακή μ’αρέσει!! τέλειο το ορεκτικό Κατερίνα μου, ευχαρίστως θα έτρωγα καμιά 10αριά!! μιαμ!
    καλημέρα :)

71. Xara says:

Hi Katerina, these happen to be among my most favourite appetizers!! They look extremely yummy in the pictures, no wonder they vanished so fast..Have a great day!XO

73. My kids generally eat veggies, but zucchini has been a bit difficult. They can taste a little bit of bitter taste that they usually try to avoid. NOT ANY MORE! I love this recipe. I think they won’t even know zucchini is in it. All I want to say later is “SURPRISE! You ate zucchini!” I’m excited to try this!

75. Loves these delicious and easy to make Zucchini Fritters…

Your Sundays sound exactly how I want my Sundays to be! Mine are always so busy/crazy!

Yes, I love Sunday mornings…especially flipping the paper without hurry…
    The zucchini fritters look awesome Katerina, and very refreshing with the Greek yogurt.
    Have a great week my dear!

81. I feel your Sunday mornings. It is exactly like that at my house too. Instead of Sunday breakfast, I tend to focus on Sunday dinner (late afternoon) always something that cannot be made during the hectic week.

Love these zucchini fritters. Eaten with the Greek yogurt with a hint of spearmint is awesome.

A happy week to you.

Velva

83. divya says:

Wowwwwwwww.. looks absolutely perfect and inviting.. awesome clicks too :)

85. mia maria says:

Πολύ λαχταριστά Κατερίνα μου, μου αρέσουν πάρα πολύ! Η παρμεζάνα είναι πολύ ωραία ιδέα!

87. Μarion says:

Κατερίνα μου τώρα το χειμώνα τα πρωϊνά του σαββατοκύριακου είναι πολύ ωραία. Μπορείς να κάνεις πράγματα που δεν τα κάνεις τις καθημερινές.
    Κι ένα καλό πρωινό είναι must.

Οι τηγανίτες κολοκυθιού είναι πολύ ωραίες κι ιδιαίτερες.
    Το γιαούρτι πολύ ωραίο συνοδευτικό. Με ένα ποτήρι χυμό θα τις έτρωγα ευχαρίστως.

Φιλιά πολλά

89. Tante Kiki says:

Υπέροχα και σίγουρα πεντανόστιμα!!!

91. These fritters look delicious. Love that dipping sauce, too!

93. Corina says:

I would love these. They look gorgeous and light. Perfect for a late weekend brunch.