Coconut Kahlua Shake

Coconut Kahlua Shake

Across the Mediterranean, weather is mostly exquisite throughout the year. Cities like Valletta, Athens, Marseille, Lisbon and Madrid compete among them as to the sunniest city in Europe.

In Greece, the less sunny cities are found up north with 2,200 hours of sunshine. Nevertheless, if you compare this to London that has 1,410 hours, well, you can perfectly get the picture. As we head down to the south temperature rises just like the hours of sunshine. Athens has some 2,771 hours and if we move even more to the south, Rhodes and Crete have over 3,100 hours of beautiful Mediterranean sun.

City Hours of Sun
Valletta, Malta 2957
Marseille, France 2858
Lisbon, Portugal 2799
Athens, Greece 2771
Madrid, Spain 2769
Monaco, Monaco 2724
Nice, France 2724
Tirana, Albania 2544
Barcelona, Spain 2524
Podgorica, Montenegro 2480
Hours of sunshine a year on average for Europe’s ten sunniest major cities

(Source: https://www.currentresults.com/Weather-Extremes/Europe/sunniest-cities.php)

Coconut Kahlua Shake

Living in such a place, it is only natural that outdoors is a very important part of everyday life. Unless it rains heavily or is very cold outside-which happens very rarely-people enjoy the sunny weather throughout the year and you will see them drinking their coffee or tea outside even during December or February. Sunshine combined with a fairly dry climate, makes atmosphere very pleasant for people who wish to be outside. One of the things I found very difficult to adjust to when lived in the States was the combo of humidity and hot temperatures. That thing was simply killing me. Anyway, since so much people enjoy the sunshine around here, it is only natural that cold coffees, milkshakes and ice creams have a very lead among beverages and sweets.

My son went to a friend of his over the weekend and as my husband and I stayed home alone, I thought that an adult version of a milkshake not only would cool us down, but also would entertain us as well. It was simply perfect! The combination of coconut and coffee is to die for.

Coconut Kahlua Shake

Coconut Kahlua Shake

Prep time
Total time

Recipe type/ Τύπος Πιάτου: Milkshake
Serves: 2
  • 250 gr. / 9 oz. coconut ice cream
  • ½ cup prepared coffee
  • 2-4 tbsp Kahlua (depending how strong you want it)
  • 1 cup milk
  • Whipped cream and cinnamon to garnish
  1. Put everything in your blender and pulse for a few times.
  2. Serve in glasses adding whipped cream and cinnamon on top.

Milkshake με Παγωτό Καρύδα και Kahlua

Recipe type/ Τύπος Πιάτου: Milkshake
  • 250 γρ. παγωτό καρύδα
  • ½ φλ. καφέ
  • 2-4 κουταλιές της σούπας Kahlua (ανάλογα πόσο έντονο θέλετε το μιλκ σέικ)
  • 1 φλ. γάλα
  • Σαντιγύ και κανέλα για το γαρνίρισμα
  1. Βάλτε τα πάντα σε μπλέντερ σας και χτυπήστε διακεκομμένα μερικές φορές.
  2. Σερβίρετε σε ποτήρια προσθέτοντας σαντιγύ και κανέλα στην κορυφή.

29 Responses to Coconut Kahlua Shake

1. beautiful combination of flavors

3. A wonderful combo and sure to be loved by everyone…

Your weather sounds wonderful, Katerina! I’d love to be drinking that delightful shake sitting in the warm sun. We’ve had so much rain this spring and summer. I feel like I live in London :)

7. This beverage is just too tempting! Love all the flavors and the coolness for the heat. It was the rainy season in Asia so whether it is sunny or your working on your tiki bar tan this is the perfect beverage for a warm day.

Wow, this is my kind of drink…looks delicious an yes very refreshing.
    Katerina, you need to come visit us in California…it is not humid, on the contrary, we have dry heat…so much nicer than the East Coast…no offenses…
    I hope you are having a great week :)

This will be a delicious Shake! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Full Plate Thursday and you have a great weekend!
    Come Back Soon

13. Hot, HOT, HOT here as well. I am craving one of these NOW (and it’s 9 a.m.)!!!

15. mimi says:

I have one question. How do you only drink one of these?!!

17. Humidity really is a killer when it’s hot, isn’t it? And it’s miserable here at the moment — getting up to around 100 degrees F, with fairly high humidity. :-( Anyway, these looks wonderful — just what I need to cool off!

19. Pam says:

Your coconut and Kahlua shake is the best! I definitely have to try this whenever I can pick up some coconut ice cream again, sometimes not easy to find in Chicago area. Reminds me of a warm sunny day, and I’m sure you and your hubby enjoyed it!

i’ve never seen coconut ice cream in the store or i would buy it immediately! i love coconut and i love kahlua and this would probably be my favorite drink ever!

23. Πολύ λαχταριστό το ενήλικο milkshake που μας προτείνεις Κατερίνα!
    Και πάρα πολ ύ όμορφη παρουσίαση :)
    Σε φιλώ

25. I love anything coconut and this coconut Kahlua shake looks so dreamy creamy. I wish I could have one glass right away. :)

27. GiGi Eats says:

I just want to LIVE IN that shake all summer cause it’s WAYYYYYY toooooo hott in Los Angeles right now – I can’t even with it!

29. That’s the best combination i have seen so far… Give going for these kind of amazing combination it is really good one.

31. Looks beautiful and must taste amazing. I like the sprinkle of cinnamon on the top. You are so right, the heat and humidity in the Philadelphia area where i live can be unpleasant.

33. Yummy, This looks really delicious. Thanks for sharing with us :) Have a nice day!

To παρουσίασες πολυ ωραία Κατερίνα μου.
    Ο συνδυασμός καρύδας και kahlua ειναι τέλειος.

Ε ναι..αυτό ειναι μιλκσεικ για ενήλικες 😉

Oh, boy, you have hit on two of my favorite ingredients, coconut and Kahlua! I can only imagine how fabulous every sip must take!!

39. NancyC says:

Sounds like a wonderful shake!

I want to go pick up coconut ice cream JUST so I can make this tonight!

43. That shake looks AMAZING! Ah Montreal, where a very cold day extreme can be -35 with humidity, and a hot torrid humis summer day can be +35! I am movingt o your house.

45. Beyond delicious! What a treat! What an interesting post. We live in tropical Panama. :) We enjoy the coastal living but also mountain living (much cooler).

47. Gloria says:

what beautiful Kahlua shake ♡♡♡♡

49. Ritu Ahuja says:

Wow!! This shakes look awesome. Very tempting and yummy :)

51. Oh yum, looks so pretty!☺

I also hate heat with humidity; this is why I enjoy very high temperatures in the South of France and cannot stand when here we have much less heat but combined with the frequent humidity it’s unbearable… Some regions are simply made for summer heat and other not! I wish I were in Greece now…
    Your shake looks gorgeous! I can imagine how pleasant it was to enjoy it during a hot summer day.

55. mia maria says:

Πολύ ωραίο Κατερίνα μου! Πολύ λαχταριστό!

57. mmm..Coconut ice and kahlua…the shake must be heavenly!