Strawberry Sorbet with Honey

Strawberry Sorbet

One day all birds gathered in the woods and decided to create a school for their small ones to learn how to read and write. They found a teacher and a place and the school opened for all the little birds of the forest. After a few days some small ones went to school without having done their homework. The teacher decided to keep them at school so they could write their homework and be taught a lesson. Among those who stayed was owl’s child.

After the end of school and while many of the children have returned home, the owl realized that her child was not one of them. She decided to go to school to find out what had happened and give her baby something to eat. On her way there, she met with partridge. Her child stayed at school also and she had the same idea with the owl.

Strawberry Sorbet

Once they met the partridge said to the owl: “Please Mrs. Owl would it be possible to give my child his snack, as I am too busy and I don’t have the time to take it myself?”

The owl replied: “Of course I can do that Mrs. Partridge, but I don’t know which one is your child.”

“Oh, don’t worry about that! You will be able to recognize it very easily as it is the most beautiful child in school.” The partridge said.

The owl took the partridge’s snack and went to school. She asked the teacher if she could give the food to the children and the teacher allowed her to do so.

Strawberry Sorbet

The owl went in the classroom, looked carefully at all the children, but she couldn’t find partridge’s child. So, she returned back to the forest found the partridge and gave her back the snack and said: “I am so sorry Mrs. Partridge, I looked carefully each and every child in the classroom but I couldn’t find your child, because the most beautiful child in there was my child.”

This little story is one of the most famous Greek fairytales about mother’s love and how she perceives her child. It is so famous that when we hear a mother talking with laudatory remarks about her child we call her owl. Unquestionably, mother’s love for her children is sacred and the bond among them is so strong that can’t be broken by anyone.

Mother’s Day is coming and it is a great chance to show our love to the person who brought us to life and raised us to become the adults we are. Since the weather is getting warmer and warmer I thought that this strawberry sorbet is just the perfect little thing to show her our affection and love. Let’s make her day as sweet as our feelings for her!

Strawberry Sorbet

Strawberry Sorbet with Honey

Recipe type/ Τύπος Πιάτου: Dessert
  • 1 kilo / 2lb. fresh strawberries
  • ⅔ cup water
  • ½ cup sugar
  • ½ cup honey
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  1. In a small pot put the water and sugar on medium heat.
  2. When it starts to boil reduce heat to low and let it cook until all sugar is well dissolved.
  3. Put aside to cool.
  4. In a strong blender mash your strawberries really well until you have a smooth pulp.
  5. In the blender and while it works pour the honey and the water/sugar and at slow speed let them incorporate.
  6. Stop the blender.
  7. If you want you can go ahead and pass it through a sieve to take out the small parts and seeds but I don’t want to waste even a teaspoon of strawberries.
  8. Transfer the batter to a bowl and put it in the fridge for at least one hour maximum three to get cold.
  9. Remove put it in the ice cream maker and start the machine.
  10. After 30 to 35 minutes your sorbet is ready to go to the freezer.
  11. Freeze overnight and next day you have yourself a delicious, homemade strawberry sorbet with honey.

Σορμπέ Φράουλας με Μέλι

Recipe type/ Τύπος Πιάτου: Επιδόρπιο
  • 1 κιλό φρέσκες φράουλες
  • ⅔ φλ. νερό
  • ½ κ.γ. ζάχαρη
  • ½ φλ. μέλι
  • 2 κ.σ. χυμό λεμoνιού
  1. Σε μια μικρή κατσαρόλα βάλτε το νερό και τη ζάχαρη σε μέτρια φωτιά.
  2. Όταν αρχίζει να βράσει μειώστε τη θερμοκρασία στο χαμηλό και αφήστε το στη φωτιά έως ότου λιώσει όλη η ζάχαρη.
  3. Βάλτε στην άκρη να κρυώσει.
  4. Σε ένα δυνατό μπλέντερ πολτοποιήστε τις φράουλες καλά μέχρι να έχετε έναν λείο πολτό.
  5. Στο μπλέντερ και δουλεύει ρίξτε το μέλι και το νερό/ζάχαρη και ανακατέψτε να ενσωματωθούν με αργή ταχύτητα.
  6. Σταματήστε το μπλέντερ.
  7. Αν θέλετε μπορείτε να περάσετε τον πολτό μέσα από ένα κόσκινο για να φύγουν τα μικρά σποράκια.
  8. Εγώ δεν θέλω να χάσω ούτε ένα κουταλάκι από τις φράουλες και έτσι το άφησα όπως είναι.
  9. Αδειάστε το μείγμα σε ένα μπολ και βάλτε το στο ψυγείο για τουλάχιστον μία ώρα έως τρεις να κρυώσει.
  10. Βάλτε το στην παγωτομηχανή και ξεκινήστε το μηχάνημα.
  11. Μετά από 30 έως 35 λεπτά το σορμπέ είναι έτοιμο να πάει στη κατάψυξη.
  12. Καταψύξτε όλη τη νύχτα και καταναλώστε το την επόμενη μέρα.

49 Responses to Strawberry Sorbet with Honey

1. Ilka says:

So perfectly refreshing for Summer! Love that you added honey as a sweetener! Pinning for later!

3. Loving your story and of course your delicious recipe. I love desserts that are creamy and delicious but are dairy free. So delicious and also refreshing.

Your Strawberry Sorbet looks delicious! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Full Plate Thursday and come back soon!

7. Kelly says:

My kids were just asking me for a recipe like this. Perfect timing.

9. Karen says:

Wow, that dessert looks so light and fresh. Love the story. Yes, each of our children are the most beautiful in the world to us. Happy Mother’s Day to you. Thanks for sharing on Let’s Get Real Friday.

11. This sorbet has got a lovely colour! It is so refreshing and perfect for warm weather!

13. Love this healthy and yummy frozen dessert over ice cream that was loaded with fat and sugar…

15. These sounds so refreshing and delicious and the color is gorgeous!

18. Kallee says:

This looks amazing and refreshing. Perfect for Summer for weather.

i like that tale! this is a very delightful recipe and perfect for mother’s day!

22. Nicole says:

What a perfect story for Mother’s Day and perfect recipe! It looks so refreshing and easy to make. So no excuse not to give Mom a little sweetness on her special day!

24. mjskitchen says:

What a great little story! Never having had children, I think ALL children are beautiful. :
    It finally got hot here today to where I actually would have felt like eating something cold. During the summer, I prefer sorbet over ice cream and this strawberry sorbet is right up my alley! Thanks!

What a cute story and so true :) A very beautiful and refreshing sorbet, Katerina. Perfect for Mothers’ Day!

28. Diane says:

What a precious story about Mother’s Love! My mom would love this sorbet! It’s so pretty and full of summer flavors!

30. Strawberry sorbet look so classic, refreshing and delish. Loved that you added honey for a healthy touch. YUMMY!

32. This sorbet looks dreamy! And super easy to make on top of that. I need to try soon :)

34. Elizabeth says:

What a great story, and how delicious does this sorbet look?!

37. LOVE LOVE LOVE this. I just made a pineapple sorbet, but now I want to do a strawberry.

39. I just found your site, but I love it and I can tell you I will absolutely be back. This sorbet too looks amazing and I love that it is with honey. Genius!

41. CakePants says:

I’ve never made sorbet so I never realized how straightforward it is to make! This strawberry sorbet looks wonderful – your photos are lovely! And I enjoyed reading the owl story :)

Such a gorgeous and tasty sorbet! Wish it would warm up around here 😉

45. NancyC says:

This sorbet sounds so good and refeshing!

47. GiGi Eats says:

This sounds like a dream come true – especially for the hot hot hot summer months! mmmmm!

49. Great story! And so true. Wonderful dish, too. We’re starting to get really good strawberries, so your timing with this is perfect. Thanks!

Καλό μήνα και Χρόνια Πολλά.
    Αν και δεν αγαπώ τα παγωμένα είναι πολύ καλή ιδέα τώρα που οι φράουλες είναι στην εποχή τους.

53. Monica says:

Love berries when they are in season and some homemade strawberry sorbet would be a great way to finish a weekend meal in the spring and summer!

55. Tara says:

My mouth is watering thinking about this amazing sorbet, nicely done!!

57. What a colorful and refreshing treat for the hot summer days ahead!

59. That looks like the perfect summer treat! We are already experiencing summer temps in Florida, so this would be perfect to make soon! Thanks for sharing with us at The Wednesday Showcase!

61. Aaaw, cuuute story!!! :) Refreshing dessert for those lazy, hot summer days! I haven’t made sorbet in forever.

63. Perfect for summer, must be very fresh and tasty! 😀

65. Balvinder says:

Looks totally divine and the gorgeous color really highlight the sorbet!

67. I could use a bowl of that yummy sorbet. The weather is warming up quickly here and that sorbet would cool things off nicely.

69. What a lovely story, and happy Mother’s Day to you and yours. This sorbet is a great way to celebrate! Thanks so much for the recipe.

71. I love strawberry I be this tastes delicious

73. A beautiful dessert that’s so fresh, every mom will love.

75. True and adorable story, and this sorbet is to adorable and yummy too.

77. What a perfect story for Mother’s Day. The sorbet looks and sounds like just the right touch for a sweet ending.

79. Looks great. Can’t go wrong with strawberry flavor, thanks for sharing

81. Angela says:

This sounds perfectly refreshing!!

83. Nettie Moore says:

I just got a new ice cream maker as a gift, would love to try your recipe this summer! Nettie

What a beautiful story, Katerina! Your sorbet is however even more beautiful! I looooove sorbets (the only thing I buy at our Italian ice-cream shop) and this is the reason why I bought an ice-cream maker: to make sorbets. Sadly, the weather is so awful here, I feel like having soups rather than cold desserts 😉 I hope it will change soon because I cannot wait to make your recipe!

Cute story. It’s the first time I’ve heard it. I’m guilty of often finding other children more beautiful than my own. But what they may lack in looks they more than make up in personality.

89. Sarah says:

What a beautiful and refreshing dessert. I love the addition of honey to the recipe instead of just using refined sugar. Definitely perfect for the beautiful May weather we’ve been having in San Diego!

91. Fanis says:

Delicious and refreshing!

93. Gorgeous ruby red colour…I love the combination with honey. Very tasty!

Very easy and refreshing, I love strawberries! Have a nice week Katerina, XOXO