I hope you all had a beautiful time during Christmas and you found some time to sit back and relax from your everyday routine. During Christmas Day we had lunch at my mother-in-law’s house and also we had the chance to meet with friends and have fun.
Before Christmas I had some friends’ of my son over to play and have lunch and I made these peppers. They loved them!
This is one of the easiest appetizers I have been making, and very tasty as well. It is made in no time and it is super yummy. The recipe was given to me by my father’s best friend’s wife. My father is 75 years old and their friendship holds 60 years now, even though they live in different cities.
One day I was visiting them and they kept me for lunch. My aunt Zoe ( I call them uncle and aunt even though we have no such type of relationship) had these peppers as appetizer. I immediately asked for the recipe and since then, I have been making them quite often, when I have people visiting. A few days ago we had some friends over for lunch with their children and, among other things, I made these peppers. We had a great time and children played until the afternoon. The recipe is quite versatile, usually I make it with emental, but you can use any yellow cheese you like. Also, Florina peppers are red, sweet and are produced in an area at the northern part of Greece called Florina. I don’t know if you can find them where you live, but I am sure you can substitute them with red bell peppers. The only thing is, that they must be cooked and soft. Florina peppers are sold in the super markets here, either raw or in jars roasted in their juice. For me it is easier to buy them in the jar already roasted, but you can buy them raw and roast them yourselves.
Stuffed Florina Peppers
6 roasted Florina peppers in the jar
6 sticks of cheese, I used emental
2 tbsp double concentrated tomato juice dissolved in ¾ cup water
½ tsp salt
Dash of ground cinnamon, nutmeg
1 tsp sugar
Butter generously a Pyrex. Preheat oven to 175° C.
In a bowl mix the juice, the spices and sugar.
In the Pyrex place the Florina peppers putting one stick of cheese inside each one of the them.
Spread the tomato juice above them and cut about 5 small cubes of butter or margarine as in my case and spread them on top.
Place in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
In case you do not have roasted peppers, you roast the peppers first, peel them and then proceed as above.
Stuffed Florina Peppers
Author/ Συγγραφέας: Katerina
Recipe type/ Τύπος Πιάτου: Appetizer
- 6 roasted Florina peppers in the jar
- 6 sticks of cheese, I used emental
- 2 tbsp double concentrated tomato juice dissolved in ¾ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
- Dash of ground cinnamon, nutmeg
- 1 tsp sugar
- Butter generously a Pyrex.
- Preheat oven to 175° C/345° F.
- In a bowl mix the juice, the spices and sugar.
- In the Pyrex place the Florina peppers putting one stick of cheese inside each one of the them.
- Spread the tomato juice above them and cut about 5 small cubes of butter or margarine as in my case and spread them on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for approximately 30 minutes.
- In case you do not have roasted peppers, you roast the peppers first, peel them and then proceed as above.
Πιπεριές Φλωρίνης Γεμιστές με Τυρί
Author/ Συγγραφέας: Κατερίνα
Recipe type/ Τύπος Πιάτου: Ορεκτικό
- 6 πιπεριές Φλωρίνης στο βαζάκι
- 6 μπαστουνάκια κίτρινο τυρί, εγώ χρησιμοποίησα έμενταλ
- 2 κ.σ. πολτό τομάτας διπλής συμπύκνωσης διαλυμένα σε ¾ φλ. νερό
- ½ κ.γ. αλάτι
- Από μία πρέζα από κανέλλα και μοσχοκάρυδο
- 1 κ.γ. ζάχαρη
- Βουτυρώστε καλά ένα ορθογώνιο πυρέξ.
- Προθερμάνετε το φούρνο στους 175° C.
- Σε ένα μπωλ ανακατέψτε τη ντομάτα με το αλάτι, την κανέλλα, το μοσχοκάρυδο και τη ζάχαρη.
- Στο πυρέξ τοποθετήστε τις πιπεριές, βάζοντας από ένα μπαστούνι τυριού μέσα σε κάθε μία.
- Ρίξτε το χυμό ντομάτας από πάνω και ρίξτε και 5 μικρά κομμάτια μαργαρίνης ή βουτύρου από πάνω από όλα.
- Βάλτε στο φούρνο και ψήστε για περίπου 30 λεπτά.
- Εάν δεν έχετε ήδη ψημένες πιπεριές, μπορείτε να τις ψήσετε πρώτα, να τις ξεφλουδίσετε και μετά να ακολουθήσετε τις παραπάνω οδηγίες.