Η συνταγή και στα ελληνικά στο τέλος της ανάρτησης!
I know for many of you schools have already started and all kids are beginning slowly, slowly to adjust to their everyday routine. Here, schools start a bit later, on the 11th of September and our school, since it follows an international program, starts this coming Friday 4th of September. My son has decided to abandon the Greek system and follow an English-speaking school with a system that is close to the Anglo-Saxon one. To be honest, I am a little anxious on how he is going to manage this change, but I assume, since he wanted it so much, he will be able to cope with it and eventually adapt to having to learn everything in English.
Having studied in both systems, I know it is not easy to have to learn everything in a foreign language and it takes time and double the effort you have to put, so as to be able to keep up with the rest of the students. So, let’s hope that this whole venture will prove successful and he will be able to complete his high school studies in this system and consequently be able to continue his studies abroad.
But before we arrive at his college years, when I will have to say goodbye to him and let him live by his own, I have to solve more urgent matters such as his break snack and his lunch. I am sure, I am not going to say something original here by mentioning that having to plan a child’s snacks and menus for every week is a pain in the neck really. Most of the times you are running out of ideas and even if you have some, they are scrutinized by the little one with unpredictable reactions. Thankfully, my son is quite easy going child and most of the times he eats what he sees when he opens his lunch box. I cannot begin to imagine how hard this is for a mother of a picky eater.
I was a very picky eater when I was a child. I was eating a very narrow selection of food and at very small quantities. My mother says that when it came to food I was a nightmare. She tells me that by the time I became 5 years old, she had to paint the kitchen cupboards because they were discolored from the cleaning she had to do after I was throwing up my food. I feel so sorry for her, but hey look at me now! Not only have I changed my attitude towards food, but I became a food blogger. So, she must have done something right between all my vomits and now!
Anyway, going back to school meals and snacks, I think I have the perfect spread for those of you who believe that Nutella should be consumed in moderation and it is not the best thing in this world to be eaten every single day. This is a healthy substitute consisting of tahini, real chocolate, sesame oil, honey and butter or margarine depending which one you prefer to use. This is a totally healthy snack for your children and for you, with the beautiful flavor of tahini pairing perfectly with the chocolate. I loved every spoon and so did my son. Do give this a try and you can also use it as frosting just like I did in these brownies.
- 50 gr. / 1.7 oz. semi-sweet chocolate 50 to 60% cocoa
- 150 gr. / 5 oz. tahini paste
- 40 gr. 1.5 oz. sesame oil
- 70 gr. / 2.5 oz. honey
- 50 gr. / 1.7 oz. butter or margarine
- Melt chocolate in a glass bowl in microwave as follows.
- Place the pieces in the glass bowl and put for 30 seconds.
- Remove and mix.
- Repeat this procedure just until chocolate has melted completely.
- In another bowl mix tahini with the sesame oil.
- Add the honey and the melted chocolate and mix again to incorporate.
- Add the butter and mix well so there are no lumps.
- Put in a small vase in cool place and use it as a spread on toasted bread, or on waffles, pancakes, crepes etc.
- I made two vases.
- One was eaten in a week and the other one I kept it to see how much it lasts.
- This is the third week and it preserves just fine.
- 50 γρ. σοκολάτα κουβερτούρα 50 έως 60% κακάο
- 150 γρ. ταχίνι
- 40 γρ. σησαμέλαιο
- 70 γρ. μέλι
- 50 γρ. βούτυρο ή μαργαρίνη
- Λιώστε την σοκολάτα σε ένα γυάλινο μπολ στο φούρνο μικροκυμάτων ως εξής.
- Τοποθετήστε τα κομμάτια στο γυάλινο μπολ και βάλτε τα για 30 δευτερόλεπτα.
- Αφαιρέστε και ανακατέψτε.
- Επαναλάβετε αυτή τη διαδικασία μέχρι η σοκολάτα να λιώσει εντελώς.
- Σε ένα άλλο μπολ ανακατέψτεε το ταχίνι με το σησαμέλαιο.
- Προσθέστε το μέλι και τη λιωμένη σοκολάτα και ανακατέψτε και πάλι να ενσωματωθούν.
- Προσθέστε το βούτυρο και ανακατέψτε καλά έτσι.
- Βάλτε σε ένα βαζάκι σε δροσερό μέρος.
- Έκανα δύο βάζα.
- Το ένα καταναλώθηκε σε μια εβδομάδα και το άλλο το κράτησα για να δω πόσο κρατάει.
- Αυτή είναι η τρίτη εβδομάδα και διατηρείται μια χαρά.